Re: Case Sensitivity

2004-08-02 00:11:10
On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 03:43:42PM -0700, James Couzens wrote:
You personally complained about my posting Koen, and whilst I can
understand how you might find it irritating perhaps you may then also
understand why I find it irritating that no one in a position of
responsibility here has done anything about my VALID complaints.  All I
have been told is to "suck it up" and "stop pissing on my shoes".
Brushing issues under the carpet or ignoring them is certainly not the
way to deal with them.  Apparently I'm just supposed to be the "bigger
man" and "take the high road".

I do agree with you that it is misleading to call the libraries libspf2,
libsrs2. I am not in a position to rename them however, and your last
post was below the belt and hypocritical, but I think you have realized
this yourself.

Now I do not have a problem with your position in general, but I am not
in a position to resolve this issue. I will still help you both with my
work on sendmail where possible, simply because i do want so see spf
take off instead of boosting one particular implementation.

It's just very unfortunate that this is all going on, but still things
are the way they are now. I don't have a solution, no-one will budge in
these matters i'm afraid. There is no central authority here, who can
decide for us. So we will all have to learn and live with it. Now maybe
this can be in the spf faq: 'What is the difference between libspf and
libspf2?' and this i a pure objective manner. So far we have:

- libspf has a smaller codebase
- libspf2 has it's own crypto code

Anything else?

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

Send us money!  http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html