Re: an other approach for SPF

2004-08-03 06:54:20
Hi all,

thanks for yours answers

first, yes you are right, we should refuse mails from domains with no A/MX records, we are going to fix it.

secondly, in my mail, please read anti-virus and no anti-spam. I mistyped, of course anti-spams do not send back mails, but anti-virus do.

Yes we have suppress SPF record after our tests.
That record said that the only authorized host for grenoble.cnrs.fr is 147.173.1.26 (labs.grenoble.cnrs.fr).

We have sent a mail from reflector.grenoble.cnrs.fr (147.173.3.39) simulating a mail from user(_at_)another(_dot_)existing(_dot_)domain(_dot_) My question was why SPF does not base its analyses on that IP address ? (presuming that address is more reliable that the domain announciated in FROM field, no?)

thanks,
daniel