Re: an other approach for SPF

2004-08-03 07:04:26
Le mardi 3 Août 2004 15:54, Daniel Gueniche a écrit :

secondly, in my mail, please read anti-virus and no anti-spam. I
mistyped, of course anti-spams do not send back mails, but anti-virus do.

They definitely should not. Considering the fact that 99,9% of the current
viruses are auto-generated mails that forge the sender address, returning a
"Boy ! You sent a virus !" message to an innocent third party whose machine
is not even involved, is something that should definitely be avoided.

Such bogus anti-virus notifications should be considered and treated as SPAM.

You should either completely disable antivirus notifications, or make sure
that they are sent *only* for virus who are known *not* to auto-send
themselves with a forged sender address.

i.e. if you use f-prot antivirus, every virus with "@mm" in its name is a
virus for which notifications *MUST NOT* be sent. If you use Kaspersky, every
virus with "Worm" in its name is a virus for which notifications *MUST NOT*
be sent.

If you are unsure or cannot configure your antivirus to selectively disable
"sender notifications", then disable them completely.

Any such bogus antivirus notification that I receive about a virus that I
would supposedly have sent causes the sending machine IP to go right into my
local blacklist.

--
Michel Bouissou <michel(_at_)bouissou(_dot_)net> OpenPGP ID 0xDDE8AC6E