Re: Good Domain List one step closer to reality (actually two steps)

2004-08-16 00:45:39
From: "Meng Weng Wong" <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com>

Accreditation that is money-based is only one kind of
accreditation.

Any community-based, open source accreditation scheme is effectively going
to be the same as a reputation scheme.

There's also "here is an address where you can have the
police come and arrest me if I've broken the law".

I don't suppose you've had your car stolen?  If so, you probably realise
that the law is too busy massaging itself to be bothered to actually
investigate anything or arrest anyone.  Besides - in UK they don't have the
space in jails for anyone now because of all the cut-backs and economies. In
most countries they don't have any anti-spam law. China? India? Russia?
South America? That's probably more than half the world's population free to
spam.   :-/

So accreditation enforcement _still_ doesn't address the problem of
international crime -- some law in USA means diddley-squat to a spammer
based in Bulgaria.

Slainte,

JohnP.
johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com