Re: Fw: Received your email

2004-08-24 14:39:33
On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 administrator(_at_)yellowhead(_dot_)com wrote:

[snip]
How many other legitimate servers are there out there like this one? It
still seems like a dangerous assumption to make that all servers will use
the FQDN, when for so many years they have got away without having to.

J.A. Coutts

It's an even more dangerous assumption that misconfigured machines will be
allowed to "get away with" decidedly invalid input. Since the cost of spam
lies more with the receiver than the sender, it seems perfectly reasonable
to me for a receiving server to reject senders that aren't following the
rules. No shirt, no shoes, no service.

I also block senders who say "HELO they.org". Should I give a blanket
pass to anyone in the world who says they're me?

-frank