Re: Non-adoption of SPF by most-phished domains

2004-09-02 05:38:22
On Thu, 02 Sep 2004, Roger Moser wrote:

implemented in open source programs or on Linux systems. They will announce:
"If you don't want to receive spam anymore, then use our programs and our
operating systems. The other programs do not protect you from spam because
they do not use Sender-ID although we offered a free license."

They'll probably announce something almost exactly along those lines,
even though "blocking SPAM" is a by-product of the real intent of Sender
Authorization (by whichever means).

It's just funny (funny sad, not funny haha) that people seem unable to
distinguish between "authorizing email", and "stopping SPAM".
(not you, Roger, just the General Public)

It's entirely possible the M$ Marketing Machine(tm) will be so succeful
in marketing Sender-ID, that ISP's will be forced to either implement
because of consumer demand, or lose customers to others that will.

So far though, nobody outside of email administrators, and geeks with
too much free time, seem to know or even really care about the issue.
(In my experience)

-Tim

--
There are 10 types of people on Earth.  Those who understand binary, and those
who don't.