Re: Non-adoption of SPF by most-phished domains

2004-09-02 07:53:06
On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 10:47:58AM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
Yeah, well, we'll see how well Sender-ID does when no one
publishes records
for it.  I certainly won't be, unless the IPR mess is resolved.

--
If you feel that way, you should say so now on the MARID list.

I did:

http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg03787.html

As others have said, the MARID list is more formal than the spf lists, so if
you haven't been subscribed, read some of the archives so you don't post
with the wrong tone.  Also, on the IPR issue, you should definitely read
this message (particularly the last paragraph) before posting:

http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg03751.html

Oh, I think I've made my position clear on the MARID list already,
at least as regards the incompatibility of the license with the open
source process.

Good pointers for those who haven't participated yet though.

Oh, for those who missed it, the Apache group posted this morning.  They
will not be supporting Sender-ID with the current IPR situation.  That
includes SpamAssassin.

--
If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something