RE: Non-adoption of SPF by most-phished domains

2004-09-02 07:47:58
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of Alan
Hodgson
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 10:43 AM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Non-adoption of SPF by most-phished domains

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 01:27:00PM +0200, Roger Moser wrote:
That is intentional. In this way MS achieves that Sender-ID is not
implemented in open source programs or on Linux systems. They
will announce:
"If you don't want to receive spam anymore, then use our
programs and our
operating systems. The other programs do not protect you from
spam because
they do not use Sender-ID although we offered a free license."

Yeah, well, we'll see how well Sender-ID does when no one
publishes records
for it.  I certainly won't be, unless the IPR mess is resolved.

--
If you feel that way, you should say so now on the MARID list.

I did:

http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg03787.html

As others have said, the MARID list is more formal than the spf lists, so if
you haven't been subscribed, read some of the archives so you don't post
with the wrong tone.  Also, on the IPR issue, you should definitely read
this message (particularly the last paragraph) before posting:

http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg03751.html

Scott Kitterman