Re: Microsoft released more info Aug 30, 2004

2004-09-03 08:27:48
Note that patent applications are now published on the uspto.gov website. However, I couldn't find anything that seemed appropriate from Microsoft. They have an anti-spam application (but that is to do with how to combine scores from a plurality of spam detection mechanisms), and one on using memory bounded functions to generate tokens for sending email.

However, nothing (that I could see) about sender-id....

Philip

p.s. Microsoft have over 1000 pending applications!

David Brodbeck wrote:

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 11:04:39 +0200, jpinkerton wrote

All this is all very well, but there appears to be no procedure for putting
a case to the USPO concerning prior-art or obviousness. Do you know of any such procedure? Without an opportunity to put a case,
there's little point in discussing what the case will be :-/

AFAIK, there is no way to do that.  You have to wait until after the patent is
granted, then challenge it in court.  The problem, of course, is that hardly
anyone has enough money to take on Microsoft's legal team.

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta features
SPF and Sender ID.