Re: Apache Foundation and SenderID

2004-09-03 09:02:28
On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 11:25, Chip Mefford wrote:

[snip]

While there has been a pretty constant roar of discontent on the Madrid
list, there have also been a few significant "I run about a zillion
servers, and I'll do whatever MS says" type postings.

  Well, yeah, the post from the guy from the ESPC was disheartening at
best.  However, keep in mind that he claimed that combined, all the
members of the ESPC send about 12% of all the email on the net.  But
that leaves 88% that they others send.  Add to that the Apache
Foundation's position and the fact that effects Spamassassin, and you
have a *huge* deployment problem.  If Spamassassin doesn't have
Sender-ID, that is.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator