Re: Apache Foundation and SenderID

2004-09-04 11:27:27
On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 08:34, Koen Martens wrote:
On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 12:02:28PM -0400, Paul Iadonisi wrote:
  Well, yeah, the post from the guy from the ESPC was disheartening at
best.  However, keep in mind that he claimed that combined, all the
members of the ESPC send about 12% of all the email on the net.  But

He did not actually say this, did he? I might have misread, but I
thought he just said '12% of email' and I took it that he meant 12% of
email in the usa..

  After you posted this, I thought I might have been the one who misread
J. Trevor Hughes' post, but here it is (from
http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg04055.html):

        I write as the executive director of the Email Service Provider
        Coalition (ESPC).  The ESPC is a trade association made up of 54
        email service providers.  We estimate that our members provide
        delivery services to over 250,000 senders in the US alone.  And
        according to Ironportʼs SenderBase, our members deliver
        approximately 12% of all email.

  The 250,000 number clearly refers to the US based senders.  But the
12% seems to be referring to 'all' email.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator