Re: Apache Foundation and SenderID

2004-09-02 15:15:41
Cool - and I'm happy to host the work in progress outside the USA  ;-)

Slainte,

JohnP.
johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com
ICQ 313355492

----- Original Message -----
From: "Catherine Hampton" <ariel(_at_)spambouncer(_dot_)org>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2004 12:04 AM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Apache Foundation and SenderID

I'm mostly a lurker here, but read the Apache Software Foundation
statement on Sender ID.  I like SPF, and was planning to support it.
I have the same objections to Sender ID as the ASF does, though.
I've therefore reluctantly put on hold my plans to add support for
it to the SpamBouncer.  I just put a statement on the SpamBouncer
web page linking to the ASF statement and indicating my agreement
with it.

If anyone is interested in returning to the original SPF proposal,
pre-Microsoft, and can get a significant group to agree to support
that, I would definitely want to work with that effort.

--
Catherine Hampton <ariel(_at_)spambouncer(_dot_)org>
The SpamBouncer         *     <http://www.spambouncer.org/>

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta
features SPF and Sender ID.