Re: Apache Foundation and SenderID

2004-09-03 09:18:16
On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 15:04, Catherine Hampton wrote:
I'm mostly a lurker here, but read the Apache Software Foundation
statement on Sender ID.  I like SPF, and was planning to support it.
I have the same objections to Sender ID as the ASF does, though.
I've therefore reluctantly put on hold my plans to add support for
it to the SpamBouncer.  I just put a statement on the SpamBouncer
web page linking to the ASF statement and indicating my agreement
with it.

If anyone is interested in returning to the original SPF proposal,
pre-Microsoft, and can get a significant group to agree to support
that, I would definitely want to work with that effort.

I never left.  I've never even thought twice about touching SenderID.
Microsoft will never change their behaviour and so honestly, you can
simply instantly take the offencive with whatever cracked out scheme
they've come up with next.  Once AGAIN they've proved themselves nothing
more then wolves in really shitty sheep costumes.

I've stated from the get go it was a mistake to even attempt working
with those idiots.  So anyone who wants to come on home to SPF Classic
feel free because the door is wide open and then party never stopped
just because MS drove up in their shiney Escalade with the 42" rims that
continue to rotate even with the wheels no longer in motion.

Cheers,

James

--
James Couzens,