RE: Apache Foundation and SenderID

2004-09-03 12:01:15
Well, then....
I still say that there is nothing wrong with requirements!
You are required to have a domain to receive mail!  :)

SMTP2 - Maybe a new RFC?

Guy

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of David
Brodbeck
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2004 2:52 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Apache Foundation and SenderID

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 19:48:15 +0200, jpinkerton wrote
MX records are not required. I remember reading somewhere - possibly
even on this list - about exactly that.  Try setting up a domain
without one and then use the mail :-)

Right, if there's no MX record the MTA is supposed to fall back to looking
for
an A record.  In fact, until a couple weeks ago the domain I'm sending from
right now had no MX record, mostly due to laziness on my part.

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta features
SPF and Sender ID.