Re: Apache Foundation and SenderID

2004-09-02 15:56:38
If anyone is interested in returning to the original SPF proposal,
pre-Microsoft, and can get a significant group to agree to support
that, I would definitely want to work with that effort.

Is 70,000 supporters enough for you? SPF Classic is already a de facto
standard. Go ahead and implement checks on it and tell your neighbors. I
think the general consensus before IETF was that no matter what the IETF
does, SPF is here to stay. The IETF was just going to rubber stamp our
standard.

Will those users continue to support SPF classic when Sender ID goes
into operation, though...?

Although I think it might be worth supporting just to give people a
reason to keep publishing SPF classic records. :)  I'm in the middle
of a major release at ${DAYJOB}, but I'm going to put this project out
on the internal development mailing list and see if someone wants to
take it on.

--
Catherine Hampton <ariel(_at_)spambouncer(_dot_)org>
The SpamBouncer         *     <http://www.spambouncer.org/>