Re: SPF-compliant phishing?

2004-09-17 15:13:12
On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 12:45 -0700, Jonathan Gardner wrote:
We already know to throw out the SPF FAIL pile.

Until SRS is ubiquitous that's not strictly true. Throwing away the SPF
FAIL is _also_ hurting adoption. Every time someone complains that
forwarded email is bouncing, I get them to tell the _sender_ not to
publish '-all' and the _recipient_ not to obey it. It's too soon.

One day, you will be able to say that every piece of mail you get in the SPF
NEUTRAL pile is crap.

You'll be lucky if that's ever even true for the SPF FAIL pile, I
suspect. Half the world haven't even discovered ESMTP yet, remember.

--
dwmw2