Re: SPF-compliant phishing?

2004-09-18 15:12:53
Reply to 20040918185417(_dot_)GE47872(_at_)agora(_dot_)rdrop(_dot_)com
Sent: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 11:54:17 -0700

Alan wrote:
On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 11:49:24AM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
Yes.  Absolutely.  Problem is, how many commercial SMTP operators do
that today?  Answer near as I can tell is almost none.  More and
more are doing the authentication, but allowing clients to use
non-local addresses, but only ones that belong to them seems to be
very rare.

As far as I know, the software doesn't support it.  Point me at
instructions for getting sendmail and/or postfix to do that and I
will.  Granted, I'm small potatoes, but I'll bet that's the case for a
lot of others too.

The software does support it, well postfix does, and it works well
enough on the (very) small site I set it up on. I don't know about
instructions per se - however there's a lot to be said for RTFM ;)
Looking up smtpd_sender_restrictions, reject_sender_login_mismatch and
smtpd_sender_login_maps is a good place to start.

Zair

--
Paul Ficinski
spf(_at_)fairymouse(_dot_)com