Re: What to include...

2004-10-04 15:30:11

----- Original Message -----
From: "Meng Weng Wong" <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 6:19 PM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] What to include...

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 03:40:18PM -0600,
administrator(_at_)yellowhead(_dot_)com
wrote:
| At 01:10 PM 10/4/2004 -0400, you wrote:
| >SPF classic, unified or whatever,  HELO checking is a requirement.
This was
| >all hashed out and established over 1 year ago.
| >

| >Sincerely,
| >
| >Hector Santos, CTO
| ***************** REPLY SEPARATER *****************
| I am sorry, but I believe William is right. Although some people pressed
| for SPF checks on HELO as a requirement, all that was agreed to was SPF
| checks on HELO if MAIL FROM: was null. HELO checks for non-null were
left
| as optional.

they are optional for the receiver, but mandatory for the
publishing sender to accommodate.

Do you explain this Meng, maybe by showing an example?   Maybe this has been
done, but what isn't clear how is a SPF domain record defined for the client
domain name.  For example, if HELO mail.winserver.com is issued, is the
lookup on "mail.winserver.com" or "winserver.com"

Thanks

Sincerely,

Hector Santos, CTO
Santronics Software, Inc.