Re: Re: [SPF v1 Draft] Last chance before I submit...

2004-10-12 22:27:49
On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 07:10:01AM +0200, Frank Ellermann wrote:
| Mark Lentczner wrote:
|
| > Unless I hear gnashing of teeth
|
| It's purrrfect.  Three minor points:  You haven't added the
| two "common mistakes" reported by Meng e.a. ("a" used with
| IP, "include" used with non-existent sender policy).

"a" used with IP is bad.

a dangling "include" is less bad, because maybe with

 a mx include:isp.net -all

you're waiting on your isp to publish records.  before it
publishes records, you get an "unknown" result, which is
correct; after it publishes records, you run through to
-all, which is also correct.  but a validator should flag
it, and say "if you know what you're doing this may be OK"