Re: Re: [SPF v1 Draft] Last chance before I submit...

2004-10-19 08:01:18

On Oct 19, 2004, at 10:56 AM, David Brodbeck wrote:
I'm gonna be blunt here. I don't care that much about the good of SPF. What
I care about is what works for me.

Right now, SPF works for me. It provides a small but definate benefit to me to publish. The false positive risks are very clear cut and don't present a
problem for me.

When PRA comes in, with all its vague rules, it's a lot less clear to me what the risk of false positives will be. That turns SPF from a benefit to a
liability.  Why would I publish something that's a liability to me?

I agree completely.

I think PRA in SPFv1 puts an obstacle in a fast moving lane.

Can someone elaborate on what they think PRA provides that DomainKeys does not?

// Theo Schlossnagle
// Principal Engineer -- http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/
// OmniTI Computer Consulting, Inc. -- http://www.omniti.com/
// Ecelerity: fastest MTA on Earth