Re: Re: [SPF v1 Draft] Last chance before I submit...

2004-10-19 07:56:02
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 22:05:53 +0200, Koen Martens wrote
On Sun, Oct 17, 2004 at 11:41:03AM +0200, Frank Ellermann wrote:
David Brodbeck wrote:

Also, I'm going to state now that if SenderID goes through
using existing records, I will probably stop publishing a
record.

Seconded.  SenderID is incompatible with v=spf1.  Bye, Frank

Hooray, one more win for microsoft: they'll just use spf1 records and
everyone starts pulling back records. That's great news for ms, I think
they will be happy to see you cooperating with them in ending spf
once and for all.

I'm gonna be blunt here.  I don't care that much about the good of SPF.  What
I care about is what works for me.

Right now, SPF works for me.  It provides a small but definate benefit to me
to publish.  The false positive risks are very clear cut and don't present a
problem for me.

When PRA comes in, with all its vague rules, it's a lot less clear to me what
the risk of false positives will be.  That turns SPF from a benefit to a
liability.  Why would I publish something that's a liability to me?