RE: [SPF v1 Draft] Last chance before I submit...

2004-10-15 18:29:46
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of Roger
Moser
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 6:56 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: [spf-discuss] [SPF v1 Draft] Last chance before I submit...

Koen Martins wrote:

Unfortunatelly, it's not up to any of us. If microsoft
decides it will
use spf1 records, who's gonna stop them? They can do what they want,
it's just like that.

And we should be fair: Who was asking Microsoft to use spf1
records instead
of XML records?

No, Microsoft was asking that SPF records be converted INTO XML records.  The
resistance from those
with experience and analytical capability was NOT (or not *just*) to prevent MS
from using SPFv1
records, but to prevent *any* trim efficient add-on to SMTP (SPF) to bloat and
cripple trim
efficient SMTP MTA's with XML baggage.

Terry Fielder
Manager Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
terry(_at_)greatgulfhomes(_dot_)com
Fax: (416) 441-9085

Roger

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in
Atlanta features SPF and Sender ID.
To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily
deactivate your subscription,