Re: [SPF v1 Draft] Last chance before I submit...

2004-10-15 07:31:05
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 04:32:16 -0700 (PDT), william(at)elan.net wrote
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Roger Moser wrote:

That is what SPF tries to stop!!!

No. "SPF" means "SENDER Policy Framework".

Personally I'd prefer it be changed in the future to
 "Standard Policy Framework" or "System Policy Framework

If we keep adding tests to it that are normally done elsewhere, I suggest we
change the name to "Sprawling Policy Framework".

Also, I'm going to state now that if SenderID goes through using existing
records, I will probably stop publishing a record.  I find SPF easy to
understand, and I know that in my situation it's unlikely to cause false
positives.  I find SenderID complicated and my gut feeing is that it's too
risky.

Please give us the option of not allowing SenderID checks against our records.