Re: SRS/SES mailing lists?

2004-11-09 11:13:47
Hi !!

  My basic question is, though I understand the principle difference
between SRS and SES (SRS rewrites MAIL FROM for forwarded mail where SES
rewrites MAIL FROM for all outgoing mail), does SES solve, or attempt to
solve the same forwarding problem that SRS does?  Because if it does,
I'm wondering why time is being spent on SRS when SES provides the
additional protection of preventing false bounces even when implemented
unilaterally.

I also think SES provides better solution to the forwarding problem than
SRS. It could work alone and, if ses modifiers are published in spf
records and understood by SPF implementations it will be even better.
I also have no idea why people are still working on or promoting srs.
Well, in fact, srs has sense when forwarders have to forward non
ses-signed mail comming from a spf protected site, but maybe it will
be better to just ask spf enabled domains to use ses than ask all
forwarders to use srs.

--
Best regards ...

   On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david(_at_)ols(_dot_)es
   Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
   08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53