Re: SRS/SES mailing lists?

2004-11-10 07:07:04
On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 08:45 -0500, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

fair enough; i'm going to define the whole product as
SPF+SES+SRS+DK and work to get that into MTAs and distributions.

I think way more information need to exchanges hands before you can just
run off with an idea.  There are far too many people involved now and
its pertinent that there be excellent communication between groups.

I suggest you sign up for the SES-DEVEL list and share whatever thoughts
you have.  I'm trying not to drag SES into discussion on this list
because its not appropriate.

I suggest that you review the technical information relating to SES
before anything further.  As previously stated although we have designed
it to work with SPF, we've also designed it to work entirely separate
from.

http://ses.codeshare.ca/files/Working_SES_Format_Definition_12.html

I have been busy and I haven't submitted the IP ABNF or other relative
information, but I hope to get to that as I'm in work exceptionally
early today leaving me with 3 or 4 hours of spare time.

As it stands currently I have a working library which has a couple of
bugs I'll try to work out this morning since they are the kind that
render it pointless :-)

The others (Seth, Roger, Tony, Stuart, etc..) can chime in here, but I
believe all that is of value at this time is to have published within
the next SPF RFC Draft the presence of an SES modifier.  Its not the end
of the world if not because of the good design of SPF it doesn't matter
if libraries support it or not, we can still make use of it without
breaking anything.

I personally do not want to have anything to do with any monies that I
have myself not been involved in raising.  Its very important that
nothing stand in the way of this work and as such no corporation is
going to touch it with a ten foot pole.  Money doesn't help us anyways,
people deploying does however.

We have prepared the following document which outlines the differences
we see between SES and a combination of DK+IIM.  You can read it here:

http://ses.codeshare.ca/ses_vs_dk+iim.html

We believe strongly that the greatest thing about what SES has shaped up
to be, is that it operates independently of anything else and solves the
necessary problems.  It can also be used in conjunction with tools like
SPF to fix the forwarding problem associated with it.

Cheers,

James

--
James Couzens,