Re: SRS/SES mailing lists?

2004-11-11 02:56:06
On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 22:10 -0600, wayne wrote:

One of the problems with SES is key distribution, and that is an
ongoing cost.

So, if exmaple.com outsources some of its email to
online-billing-outsourcer.com, they have to get a valid an SES key to
them.

Similarly, if exmaple.com allows certain people to work from home,
those people either are forced to go through example.com's MTAs, or
somehow there needs to be a key (and SES software) given to the
employee.  With SPF+SRS, they can simply list that home user in their
record.

This is an incorrect assumption.  Remember, SES operates around a
validation service, that is not married to any one MTA.  This issue has
been hashed out at length on the SES archives and if necessary I'll drag
it in here but I would prefer that people would FULLY bring them selves
up to speed on ALL available information before leaping to conclusions.

It would perhaps have been better to pose a question to one of us SES
guys and see if what you believe is the case.  This way we can avoid any
misinformation and the frustration that results from it.

Cheers,

James

--
James Couzens,