RE: Re: [IETF] Allocation of the new RR type for SP F

2004-11-12 00:45:40
On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 19:43 -0800, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

Why are you obsessing about one standards group with negligible deployment
influence whose price of recognition appears likely to be destroying the
whole project?

You can do just as well by setting up your own standards group like we did
with the Web consortium when the IETF started to become a threat to the
success of the Web.

I think that you are under-rating yourselves. Don't set up an SPF Leadership
Council, call it the Accountable Messaging Standards Group, then ratify the
spec yourselves. Whatever flaws there might be in SPF are probably beyond
redemption at this point. Hold elections for the leadership and you will be
instantly more credible than the IETF.

The importance of a standards body is who takes part and who listens to it.

Holy Shit!  PHB is actually MAKING sense here.  Maybe I shouldn't have
written your opinion off all those many months ago.  I think we should
call ourselves PMS.  Political Messaging Society.  I tried coming up
with a compilation of technobabble to form B.I.T.C.H. but failed.

You should stick with this train of thought more often Phillip, it suits
you better.  Just stay away from the bottle marked "XML".

Cheers,

James

--
James Couzens,