RE: Re: [IETF] Allocation of the new RR type for SP F

2004-11-12 08:24:30
And how it is set up in the first place - no smoke-free back rooms ;-)

Why else do you think that I am trying to get the term acountable into the
title of the group?

Nobody on this list is going to be invited into the back rooms where all the
decision power lies at the IETF. You can see that some folk think they are
in the running but they are in for a surprise.

Setting up the SPF Leadership council is already a challenge to the IETF
establishment, one that they are likely to find easy to rebuff by simply
asserting that they invented the Internet (which is untrue, the real
visionaries left long ago).

If you choose standards expertise as the issue then the establishment will
win, unfairly in my view but the image they have constructed is one of being
the experts in this area. If on the other hand you choose accountability
then the fact that the IETF constitution is a stalinist farce becomes
apparent, lots of happy talk about inclusiveness and openess and all the
decision making power reserved to an unelected, unaccountable politburo.

                Phill