RE: Re: [IETF] Allocation of the new RR type for SP F

2004-11-14 07:55:18

[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of Greg
Connor

Dudes-

Much as I might agree, I just wanted to point out that this
is pretty far
off-topic for an already busy list.

The point I have been trying to make is that we should see the world as it
is not as we would like it to be.

The great unwashed masses are not going to accept plaintext email however
safe people might (wrongly) imagine that to be. What we have to do is to
find a way to make the HTML email safe. But even after we do that it will be
many years before use of the unsafe schemes fades away.

We have created a legacy system. That's OK, legacy systems are the ones that
people use. But folk should not fool themselves into thinking that we will
find it any easier to change original design decisions than the FORTRAN or
COBOL crowds.

        Phill