Re: List of nominations for people to sit on the "SPF Leadership Council"

2004-11-13 09:02:26

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, Frank Ellermann wrote:

Okay, I can see 2 (max. 4) of my 5 votes in this list.
At least one more please:

Not unless John stops making decisions for everybody (such as that
council will sit for one year or that only those who have posted in
last 30 days can vote, etc). This is NOT how democracy works and
he just does not understandard (either did not read enough about
it or no experience within small groups for organizing it). The result
will be a failure for this initiative.

For what its worth I've been trying hard to correct his good intentions so
that something can really happen i.e. see organization poll questions of:

http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com/200410/0860.html
and compare it to his original:

http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com/200410/0854.html

The "rules of order" do exist for organizing the group and he's not
following those in correct way. The rules of order MUST also exist
for any organization if it wants to be seen as legitimate and these
rules foremost must exist exist for its leadership.

If things do no change with how John is conducting himself and his
calls for SPF Leadership council, then I'll ask people not to
participate and not to vote and not to follow it.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks