Re: Re: List of nominations for people to sit on the "SPF Leadership Council"

2004-11-14 07:23:04
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, Greg Connor wrote:

Team-

I think we would all like to get on with the elections quickly, but at the
same time we want to be fair and balanced.  I would hate to have anyone
feel excluded or railroaded or feel like they need to boycott the elections.

Here is an idea.  With regard to voting process and details:
 - Have someone make a proposal and ask those nominated if they agree.

That sounds find to me and since JohnP today yet again not answered my
email about problems with the process about which he posted. I'm putting
up my alternative:

1. Everyone who has participated in spf-discuss and posted at least once
   prior to original call for nominations can vote
2. Voting takes place on the web with special form where people are asked
   to choose 5 of XX candidates and then email is sent to confirm their
   vote (listing their choices) which they need to reply to if vote was
   correct or go to webpage again if it was not. If somebody by chance
   ended up replying twice (or voting twice), the 1st vote is the one
   that counts. All replies immediatly go to special publicly open
   archive page. At the end person running the elections confirms if each
   reply vote came from person who previously posted on spf-discuss (or
   machine could do it and limit those who could reply to list to be compiled
   by Wayne) and if it had 5 candidates of choice (although prefered is
   that javascript on the webpage makes sure of that), if problems are
   found, he/she then posts  list of those votes that would not be
   accepted and why.
3. The 5 people with largest number of votes are asked to form a council
4. The elections should be run by neutral party and so person doing it
   should not be in the running for the council himself/herself
5. Elections take place over the period of 7 days with at least one
   reminder sent 24 hour before election closes
6. Initial council has no defined term but must come up with new election
   procedures and define its function and term (it SHOULD then call for
   new elections once this has all been approved or it MAY specifically
   make the poll and ask people to confirm that existing council can
   serve reminder of the term)
7. Anybody can choose to resign from the council in that case the person
   with next highiest number of votes of those not elected takes his place.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks