RE: Re: List of nominations for people to sit on the"SPF Leadership Council"

2004-11-14 14:46:16
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of wayne
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 1:56 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Re: List of nominations for people
to sit on
the"SPF Leadership Council"

<snip>

                All replies immediatly go to special publicly open
   archive page.

I think all votes should be kept secret until the end of the election.
First, I prevents tit-for-tat votes, and selective voting based on who
is unlikely to win and/or unlikely to lose.  Secondly, it will
encourage people to vote early since people can always keep their
votes secret by snipping at the end of the processes.

I am OK with that provided that all calls for votes have a good synapsis of the
arguments pro and
con of each angle, to ensuring voters are reviewing the facts.  It takes longer
to make a vote, but
makes the votes more meaningful/well reasoned.

Terry Fielder
Manager Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
terry(_at_)greatgulfhomes(_dot_)com
Fax: (416) 441-9085