Re: Re: List of nominations for people to sit on the "SPF Leadership Council"

2004-11-14 14:52:58
wayne says,

w> I think all votes should be kept secret until the end of the election.
w> First, I prevents tit-for-tat votes, and selective voting based on who
w> is unlikely to win and/or unlikely to lose.  Secondly, it will
w> encourage people to vote early since people can always keep their
w> votes secret by snipping at the end of the processes.

I strongly support this notion to help prevent observational strategic
voting and possibly voters feeling it best to vote at the last
possible moment.

wil> If somebody by chance ended up replying twice (or voting twice),
wil>  the 1st vote is the one that counts.

w> Isn't this backwards?  Shouldn't your last vote count?

No, not when it opens the door to a dishonest reallocation of vote <g>

Shane