RE: Re: List of nominations for people to sit on the "SPF Leadership Council"

2004-11-14 17:12:07
Shane Rush [shane(_at_)red(_dot_)nymcity(_dot_)com] wrote:
The second is aimed at preventing a dishonest voter (also in a hidden
vote) from making changes.   It is normal in all voting to my
knowledge that once a vote is cast it cannot be changed, whether made
by cross, token, phone, web or show of hands.

I'm sure you are not suggesting that a vote is made early so as
to provide more time for a change of mind in the light of the later
exit polls <BG>

If the votes are cast secretly, what's the problem with allowing multiple
votes and counting only the last one?  When voting anonymously, you can't
discard the prior votes, but we aren't voting anonymously, so there should
be no problem with allowing voters to change their mind before the end of
the voting period.