RE: Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) Article On Anti-Spam Technologies Mentions SPF

2004-11-19 11:29:05
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Vivien M. wrote:

The question then becomes: how do you tell somebody who feels they are
authorized using the first definition that they can't do what they want
because of a technology using the second definition? And if that somebody is
your boss, how do convince them NOT to order you to remove your SPF
deployment?

End your SPF record with ?all.  Problem solved.  I mean, come on,
this is a case of "Doctor! Doctor!  It hurts when I do this!."

If your boss doesn't want to restrict which IPs can send email,
then don't.  You can still list the known good ones - this will
let your clients reliably whitelist business documents (which
should always be sent from a listed IP).