Re: Sendmail white paper, SRS, and forwarding

2004-11-21 15:11:09
David Woodhouse wrote:
On Sun, 2004-11-21 at 16:47 -0500, Chuck Mead wrote:

But if SPF is doing what I want why does that mean it's broken? I am implementing for my own domain which I have every right to control.

That's nice dear. And you also have every right to tell the list servers
they may not use your domain in the From: header when you've sent mail
to the list. And they have every right to laugh at you for that too.

But the list servers pass my mail just fine.

I didn't speak of rights. I spoke of stupidity and pointlessness, and a
complete lack of compatibility with the real world.

And you've digressed even further from the point, which was that this
brokenness is nothing new and not at all related to SES.

But your one and only point is to tear down and denigrate SPF by saying it's broken. I say it's not because it does what I want it to do and it works the way I want it to. If it does that for me must I still consider it broken? According to you apparently so. I simply wish to point out that there are many aside from me who disagree with your point of view.

--
csm(_at_)moongroup(_dot_)com, head geek
http://moongroup.com