RE: Sendmail white paper, SRS, and forwarding

2004-11-21 15:24:33
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of Tony
Finch
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2004 5:19 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Sendmail white paper, SRS, and forwarding

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Chuck Mead wrote:

But if SPF is doing what I want why does that mean it's broken?

So you'd like me to reject email from you if you send it to my
@FreeBSD.org or @apache.org addresses? Because they both forward
to my main email system and your policy is that forwarding is not
allowed.

If the original sender signed the message with SES, problem solved.

If the original sender did not sign the message with SES, then the intermediate
forwarder should use
SRS.

Is there a problem (other then getting the forwarding server to run SRS)?

Terry Fielder
Manager Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
terry(_at_)greatgulfhomes(_dot_)com
Fax: (416) 441-9085

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
MALIN HEBRIDES: NORTHEAST 4 OR 5 INCREASING 6. RAIN LATER.

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in
Atlanta features SPF and Sender ID.
To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily
deactivate your subscription,