Re: Sendmail white paper

2004-11-21 18:24:23
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 15:48:49 -0500, Nico Kadel-Garcia
<nkadel(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net> wrote:
[..snip..]

"v=spf1 ~all"

First, I thought this is definitely "wrong". When I tried the
validator at spftools.net, it said:

Record Found: v=spf1 ~all
No Errors
No Warnings
No Notes
Record is clean!

This is completely reasonable for a domain that should not be sending mail,
and which is transitioning to a state in which no mail from that domain is
allowed period but they're not prepared to cut off former domain users who
may still have the domain as their bounce-to address. It's especially
reasonable when de-activating a domain altogether.

Ok, agreed if they are only serving www, but no mails are originated
from these domains. In that case, these domains should not have any MX
records published also, isnt it?. And, if you notice, I mentioned I
greped these domains out of my maillogs. My cusotmers are sending
emails to these domains and there are hundrends of emails originating
from these domains everyday.