RE: Sendmail white paper

2004-11-21 18:44:26
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of M Z R
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2004 8:24 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Sendmail white paper

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 15:48:49 -0500, Nico Kadel-Garcia
<nkadel(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net> wrote:
[..snip..]

"v=spf1 ~all"

First, I thought this is definitely "wrong". When I tried the
validator at spftools.net, it said:

Record Found: v=spf1 ~all
No Errors
No Warnings
No Notes
Record is clean!

This is completely reasonable for a domain that should not
be sending mail,
and which is transitioning to a state in which no mail from
that domain is
allowed period but they're not prepared to cut off former
domain users who
may still have the domain as their bounce-to address. It's
especially
reasonable when de-activating a domain altogether.

Ok, agreed if they are only serving www, but no mails are originated
from these domains. In that case, these domains should not have any MX
records published also, isnt it?. And, if you notice, I mentioned I

Sorry, incorrect.  Many web domains, such as some I admin, all have
sales(_at_)(_dot_)(_dot_)(_dot_)  that get answered.
But the answer gets responded from the sales department of the corporate entity
owning that domain.
Hence the domain receives emails (has MX records) just never sends outbound
email.

Terry Fielder
Manager Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
terry(_at_)greatgulfhomes(_dot_)com
Fax: (416) 441-9085

greped these domains out of my maillogs. My cusotmers are sending
emails to these domains and there are hundrends of emails originating
from these domains everyday.

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in
Atlanta features SPF and Sender ID.
To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily
deactivate your subscription,