RE: URGENT: Community Position on SenderID

2004-11-25 15:41:47
James Couzens [jcouzens(_at_)6o4(_dot_)ca] wrote:
On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 15:49 -0500, terry(_at_)ashtonwoodshomes(_dot_)com
wrote:
NO:  SPF does not DROP email, it REJECTS it (big difference, with SPF
sender finds out their email was not delivered.  A sender of a DROPPED
email may never find out automatically the message was not received)

To be perfectly honest, if you are even REJECTING email purely based on
an SPF result, you are a gambling man.  What might be working for you
this very [moment] will come back to haunt you, and the chances of this
occurring grow significantly greater with every passing day.

Pardon me, I have also been rejecting mail based on SPF "fail" results for
about half a year now, and I have not encountered any false positives I
could not tolerate.  In fact, I have had almost no false positives at all.

Julian.