RE: URGENT: Community Position on SenderID

2004-11-26 08:39:05
There's a lot of noise in here.

Can someone summarise for me as I have got lost in the party:

1. If I don't control all the outbound nodes for my domain I publish ?all

2. If I think that recipients may forward my mail to another system which
will not apply SRS at al, and I am happy with that, I should publish ?all.

3. If I think that my domain may be spoofed, I publish -all and accept that
.forward will cause bounces. I believe they should be fixed and do SRS or an
other, but I find spoofing of my domain unacceptable.

4. If I choose to reject SPF failures, I accept that some valid mail may get
bounced due to 2 or 3 but I accept that the domain admin for those sites is
happy with that and so are his users.

Given the above, why cant I reject -all. The domain admin can define which
behaviour they want knowing the -all will always get a reject for failures.

I would think that saying:

"-all will always generate rejects if SPF fails, apply caution when using
it" would be sufficient.

Please correct me if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick, but I cant see
the wood for the trees.

:)

Regards

Richard Bang