RE: URGENT: Community Position on SenderID

2004-11-26 08:15:11
OnFri, 2004-11-26 at 09:46 -0500, terry(_at_)ashtonwoodshomes(_dot_)com wrote:
Wrong:  Your opinion only matters more for organizations LIKE YOURS.
His opinion is just as valid
for organizations like my vanity domain.  So don't belittle his
opinion, especially in the face of
the fact there are LOTS of vanity domains and/or small (and
potentially competent) organizations out
there.

I did not really mean to belittle it, I did so for sake of "zooming in"
on the scope that mattered or was relevant to what triggered my original
involvement in this current discussion which is that one shoe doesn't
fit all and I was just tired of seeing people recommending without
necessarily thinking about the implications and/or reader base.

James you shouldn't be saying " everyone don't reject SPF", you should
be saying "everyone with
organizational structure X don't reject SPF"

Yes, thats perfect wording!

Small organizations with a personal relationship or good relationship
with their users can definitely get away with it and see the results
people are talking about.

Nominal to larger organizational structures should avoid definitely
rejecting on -all, and I dare say publishing it as well.  I'm still on
the fence and I think that ?all is a much safer published default
result.

--
James Couzens,
Programmer