RE: Should I include major ISPs in SPF for our hosted domains?

2005-01-07 05:45:52
Hector Santos [winserver(_dot_)support(_at_)winserver(_dot_)com] wrote:
Once an SMTP AUTH session is established, everthing else is MUTE!   SPF
does not apply.
[...]
The SPFC (SPF Council) should not take on issues that are already part
of the system to establish credentials.   What you propose takes away
from backward compatibility, hence adds a greater barrier to adoption.
In addition, the SMTP AUTH concept is highly backend dependent.

My advice to SPFC - "Keep the eye on the prize."

Just because I am a council member, I have not stopped being an
individual.  I am taking part in this discussion as an individual, even
though the things discussed here may not be a priority for the SPF project
and for me as a council member.  As an individual, I do reserve that
right.

When speaking as a council member, I add a corresponding signature to my
messages.