RE: Should I include major ISPs in SPF for our hosted domains?

2005-01-07 11:58:09

"Julian Mehnle" <bulk(_at_)mehnle(_dot_)net>
Thursday, January 06, 2005 9:10 PM

I meant:

 1. Notice the SMTP-AUTH identity.  See if MAIL FROM matches the
SMTP-AUTH
    identity.  If not, reject the MAIL FROM.

 2. Notice the SMTP-AUTH identity.  See if MAIL FROM matches the
SMTP-AUTH
    identity.  If not, simply override MAIL FROM with an e-mail address
    that is appropriate for the SMTP-AUTH identity.

Thanks for correcting me.

Hector Santos
Friday, January 07, 2005 6:04 AM
Allow me to correct you again! :-)

Once an SMTP AUTH session is established, everthing else is MUTE!
SPF does
not apply.