Re: RE: rr.com and SPF records

2005-03-17 13:28:54
Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Radu Hociung wrote:

This record is very acceptable, I believe it costs only 7 lookups max.
It also fits inside a UDP packet (512-bytes).

Is that the total chars allowed in the TXT string?  Or the total
packet size?  (Beginning with the IP header?)

If the latter, help out those of us who haven't memorized IP and DNS header offsets and tell us the maximum TXT string size that
will still fit in UDP.

I'm not familiar enough with the structures, hopefully someone more knowleageable can provide a clear answer. Anyone?

There was a thread last year on this exact topic:
http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com/200406/1033.html

My interpretation is: "it depends on a bunch of things".

I would like to know the exact number too.

Regards,
Radu.