Re: Avoiding the DNS Hunt

2005-05-20 10:24:22
On Fri, 20 May 2005, David MacQuigg wrote:

There are currently zero, zip, nada, protocols even proposed for
authenticating the new ID identity.

And I don't intend to add any.  We have enough authentication methods already.

Then what's to prevent me from saying:

ID BillGates.microsoft.com

?

Any identity is hearsay until there is some protocol for verifying it.
The point of SPF is to move the MAIL FROM identity from hearsay to
something that can be verified (the HELO identity can already be
verified using the A record, but SPF offers some additional options).