Re: Email ID Declaration - Summary of Objections

2005-05-23 11:30:28
On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 09:49:14AM -0700, David MacQuigg wrote:

Good luck with your mission to introduce another identity to the SMTP
protocol.  Since SPF is about authenticating the existing MAIL FROM
identity (despite its drawbacks), hopefully discussions of the new
ID identity will move to an appropriate list.

You must not have read the summary in the 7 minutes since I posted.  This
is not a new identity, just a way to declare an existing identity.  It is
no more a new identity than SUBMITTER or SRS.

What is it with you, David.  This is the second request to move
away from this list because your proposal has nothing to do with
SPF.

Are you stubborn, or do you have problems with English?

SPF does NOT use a new identity field, be it ID or something else.
SPF works with the current set of SMTP commands.
SPF works now, not in twenty years.

Now go away with your ID stuff and start working on it.  When it's
ready and when all MTAs in the world support it, you'll be twenty
years from now.  We can't wait that long.  Don't hold us back.

Alex