Re: DK and IIM have merged

2005-06-02 23:35:58

----- Original Message -----
From: "wayne" <wayne(_at_)schlitt(_dot_)net>
Newsgroups: spf.-.sender.policy.framework.discussion
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2005 8:53 AM
Subject: [spf-discuss] DK and IIM have merged

fyi;

Yahoo!'s DomainKeys and Cisco's IIM have merged:

http://networks.silicon.com/webwatch/0,39024667,39130897,00.htm

From the articile:

"AOL and Microsoft have said they're looking at DomainKeys but the providers
are pushing their own email authentication technologies. AOL's SPF and
Microsoft's Sender ID check an email's identity through its internet
protocol address, and can be used alongside DomainKeys. "

My comment:

While it is good news to have 1 form of PAYLOAD integrity protocol,  it is
completely out of the world , beyond any comprehensive in the annals of
computer history to see people lose control of their own inventions,
technology or in this case technical specifications like was done by AOL and
Microsoft.

Wow.  Unbelieveable.  Where is Meng?   Does he care?  Doesn't he have an
respect for this SPF?   I'm sorry. Maybe I am too much from the old school,
but it hard to have respect for anyone who allows this continue. I mean it
it is PLAIN OLD THIEF!!! This is legally a copyright infringement.

If this was being done to me, I will screaming BLOODY HELL!

Unbelievable!!

I guess it might be good to let AOL have SPF as their own. Maybe they will
get the specifications completed and have a better chance to get it by the
IETF.

http://www.santronics.com