Re: DK and IIM have merged

2005-06-06 10:55:04
Hello!

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 07:52:39AM -0700, william(at)elan.net wrote:
[...]

But don't worry, I've no plans to stop working on META Signatures (new
and improved syntax coming within days now - probably would be last of
initial research design stage), so it will still be available if we find
that DK does not work quite as expected or that its license may not
compatible with open source either.

I think the DK license is *not* compatible with open source, at least
not with all of it.

I see the problems in clauses 3.1, 3.2 (advertising clause, that's
the same thing that caused the older BSD licenses to be incompatible
with the GPL). Things like 3.5 have no business in licenses, the laws
apply anyway. 3.6 sucks too. 3.7 (a, b) by implication.

3.8 is very US-centric and sucks especially for non-US
users/developpers.

I'd still prefer completely patent free EMail authentication solutions
over patented ones, regardless how "liberal" the licensing is.

Kind regards,

Hannah.