Re: Collecting domain names for the official SPF website.

2005-06-08 06:25:29
wayne wrote:

  http://spf.pobox.com

That has the most links, but I'd prefer TLD .org or .net

  http://spf.mehnle.net

That's perfect as it is, the Council Web page.

  http://www.schlitt.net/spf

Probably GoogleBot prefers "spf" in the host name.

  http://www.openspf.org

Google has 59,000 hits for "sender policy framework", now that
is not too shabby.  spf.idimo.com is among the top 100,  Maybe
GoogleBot picked this as "canonical" name for John's pages.

  mail-spf.{org,com}
  email-spf.{org,com}

These are also nice (the .org variants).  The shortest without
.com or hyphen are James' openspf.org and John's openspf.net

  spf-classic.{org,com}

For several reasons I also like this one.  The "tools", "lib",
and "help" names are better suited for special purposes, or as
alternative names for dedicated parts of the future main site.

Only two to four official domains seem adequate

Special names for special parts could make sense.  The same
name in .net and .org is fine.  And if one is a mirror of the
other it might be even better.

Which ones are good and why?

I'd really love to know why GoogleBot picked spf.idimo.com as
"canonical".  Does it like "spf" at the begin ?  Puzzled, Frank